Features | DR900X – 2CH
- Front camera: 8 megapixels CMOS sensor recording in 4K Ultra High Definition (3840×2160) at 30FPS.
- Rear camera: 2.1 megapixels Sony STARVIS™recording in Full HD (1920×1080) at 30FPS.
- The front camera’s ultra-wide 162-degree angle takes full advantage of the 4K UHD resolution. The rear camera records in Full HD at a 139-degree angle with outstanding low-light sensitivity.
- Native Parking Mode with built-in voltage monitor to protect your vehicle battery (hardwiring cable included).
- With the free BlackVue Cloud service, check on your car from anywhere, anytime.
• 4K Ultra High Definition video, 8-megapixel CMOS sensor
• Full HD 1080p rear camera with Sony STARVIS and smooth 60 FPS video
• Optional 4G CM100LTE module for always-on BlackVue Cloud connectivity
• Connect to your camera anytime, from anywhere in the world with BlackVue Cloud
• Built-in GPS adds optional location and speed data overlay to recordings
• Wi-Fi for wireless connection to smartphone or tablet via BlackVue app
• Bluetooth 4.2 for easy smartphone pairing
• 162˚ ultra-wide viewing angle captures every detail of the story
• Intelligent Park Mode protects your vehicle while you are not around
• Loop Recording and Event File Overwrite Protection
• Impact Detection, Motion Detection and Time Lapse Recordings
• Enhanced Night Vision for optimal low-light video quality and clarity
• microSD memory card included as standard
• Discreet stealth design and quick release windscreen mount
• BlackVue App for iOS & Android – easily change settings and view recordings
• BlackVue Viewer for PC & Mac – change camera configuration and view footage
BlackVue is a global leader and innovator in the field of in-car video technology and has always put image quality at the forefront of their product development.
The DR900X-2CH is BlackVue’s range-topping dual camera model, engineered for the user who demands the finest video quality day and night. Featuring a stunning 4K UHD front camera with 8-megapixel CMOS sensor and Full HD 1080p rear camera with Sony STARVIS CMOS sensor for superb clarity.
The 4K Ultra High Definition resolution contains exactly four times as many pixels as Full HD, 3840 pixels × 2160 lines to be exact, equivalent to 8.3 million pixels. For a dashboard camera, this can mean the difference between an unusable pixelated blur and a readable licence plate, especially at speed or in low light conditions. To take even greater advantage of the extra resolution, the DR900X-2CH packs a massive ultra-wide 162 degree lens on its front camera for incredible clarity and detail from edge-to-edge. The DR900X-2CH performs exceptionally well at night and in dark environments, while maintaining a low level of noise. In daylight, the ability to “freeze” the action is nothing short of spectacular, thanks to a high shutter speed, so users can clearly see the details of vehicles even in adjacent lanes at the edges of the screen.
INDUSTRY LEADING VIDEO COMPRESSION
The DR900X is equipped with state-of-the-art video compression technology, crucial when dealing with large files sizes. By using H.265, 4K UHD video files are a similar size to Full HD H.264. In other words, you get four times bigger and better images, without sacrificing recording time on your SD card.
BlackVue Cloud is a suite of innovative ‘connected’ features that take the BlackVue user experience to new levels, unlocking the true power of your dash cam and remotely connecting you with your vehicle.
Let your BlackVue watch over your car, informing you immediately of incidents such as impacts, via Push Notifications to your Apple or Android phone. Connect to your BlackVue dash cam anytime, from anywhere, and check on your car with Remote Live View. Play recorded video clips remotely and back-up important ones to the Cloud or your phone. Monitor progress and access location data, GPS logs and Driving Reports courtesy of the realtime Live Tracking feature. Even broadcast Live to Facebook and YouTube.
All you need is the BlackVue App and a mobile internet connection, such as the optional BlackVue CM100LTE 4G connectivity module and data SIM.
INTELLIGENT PARKING MODE
Dash cams are designed to record your drive, but did you know that the BlackVue DR900X can also monitor your vehicle when you’re not around?
BlackVue’s unique Intelligent Parking Mode is ideal if you worry about hit-and-runs, theft or vandalism while your vehicle is parked and left unattended.
The DR900X automatically switches to Parking Mode when the ignition is switched off, and will continue to monitor you’re your vehicle, recording and storing events for review later – or alerting you in real time via the BlackVue app if you are using the optional CM100LTE connectivity module. Video buffering ensures that your camera will also record the seconds leading up to the event, ensuring you have the whole picture.
The DR900X’s in-built power management circuitry ensures that your camera will never deplete your vehicle’s battery when operating overnight, switching-off should the car’s battery level drop below a pre-set level. For extended recording times simply add a Power Magic Ultra Battery B-124X.
The DR900X-2CH supports two Parking Mode options, Motion and Impact Detection, and Time Lapse.
Motion and Impact detection mode uses your cameras image sensor to detect movement, and the inbuilt accelerometer/G-sensor to detect bumps or impacts. To reduce the number of unwanted recordings triggered by motion and movement, the DR900X can specify areas to ignore, eliminating recordings triggered by things like swaying trees, far-away moving objects, etc.
In Time Lapse mode, to reduce the size of the video files and save SD card space, the camera will continuously record at just 1FPS (one frame per second), rather than the standard 30/60 FPS. All event clips however are recorded at full resolution and 30FPS. A standard 32GB microSD card can store over 48hrs of time lapse video at the highest (Extreme) video quality level.
BLACKVUE APP & VIEWER
The BlackVue app for iOS and Android is free to download and use and allows you to conveniently control your dash cam from your smartphone.
Access your camera’s configuration settings, video files and use camera Live View for easy set-up and positioning of the DR900X in your vehicle. The app also controls BlackVue Cloud and its unique set of connected features including Emergency Notifications, Live View, Video Back-Up and Real Time Tracking.
BlackVue Viewer for Windows and Apple Mac is free to download and allows you to easily configure your camera’s settings and view video clips.
Access recordings on your camera’s microSD card, simultaneously viewing front and rear camera footage, moving maps and GPS data including time, date and speed. All video clips are listed by date, time and recording mode (Normal, Parking, Event, etc.), making it simple to quickly identify and archive important footage.
BlackVue Viewer also provides access to your camera’s settings, as well as the ability to update your dashcam’s firmware when necessary.
Viewer also allows you to connect to your DR900X over the Cloud, accessing Live View, Real Time Tracking etc., anytime and anywhere.
CELLINK NEO 9 The Ultimate Supplementary Dash Cam Power Source.
The largest capacity battery pack in the EGEN Cellink range, the Cellink NEO 9 is specially designed to provide independent power to dash cam devices, delivering extended Parking Mode operation and increased recording time, without ever having to draw power from the vehicle’s battery. NEO 9 charges when the vehicle is running and provides continuous 12V power when the ignition is switched-off and the vehicle is unattended, for example when parked overnight, allowing a dash cam to continue recording in Parking Mode for extended periods of time.
The NEO 9 can be powered from the cigarette lighter socket for plug & play simplicity, or alternatively hardwired to the vehicle’s electrical system for super-fast 40 minute charging. It is capable of powering a standard single channel dash cam for over 68 hours of continuous recording (dash cam model dependant) or several days of periodic recording if the dash cam is set to trigger by motion or impact only.
The NEO 9 is built to last and is manufactured using high quality anodised aluminium and powered by state-of-the-art LiFePO4 (Lithium Iron Phosphate) battery technology, developed to withstand extreme temperatures, go through more charge cycles, and be kinder to the environment than a traditional Lithium-ion battery.
- Powers a dash cam in Parking Mode without using vehicle’s battery
- Extended operation – 68hrs of constant recording (dash cam dependant)
- 40 mins charge time when hardwired, 80 mins via cigarette lighter socket
- Hardwire or simple plug & play via cigarette lighter socket
- Battery Manager App for iOS & Android
- Expandable – add Cellink EXT 7 expansion batteries to increase capacity
- Compatible with a range of brands BlackVue
- Safe and dependable LiFePO4 (Lithium Iron Phosphate) technology
Cellink NEO batteries are acclaimed by professionals for their reliability and are compatible with a wide variety of dash cam brands including BlackVue
PLUG & PLAY OR HARDWIRE INSTALLATION
NEO 9 can be powered from any cigarette lighter socket without the need for installation, or alternatively hardwired out-of-sight in the glovebox or boot. It charges to capacity in 80 minutes from the cigarette lighter socket, or only 40 minutes when hardwired.
The NEO 9 package includes all cabling hardware necessary for plug & play and hardwired installation.
Connect up to 5 x Cellink EXT 7 expansion battery packs in sequence to massively increase power reserves. Each EXT 7 expansion battery has a capacity of 84.5Wh, adding over 48hrs of recording time to the NEO 9’s standard capabilities.
- Battery Cell Type :
- LiFePo4 (Lithium Iron Phosphate)
- Colour / Size / Weight :
- Black / 157mm (W) x 243mm (L) x 39.5mm
- (H) / 1.8kg
- Input Voltage / Current :
- Cigarette lighter plug: 12V – 17V / 6.5A
- Hardwired: 12V – 17V / 15A (max)
- Charging Voltage / Current :
- Cigarette lighter plug: 14.6V / 5A
- Hardwired: 14.6V / 12A
- Charging Time : – Cigarette lighter plug (standard 12A charging): Approx. 40 mins – Hardwired (rapid 9A charging): Approx. 40 mins
- Hours of Use : – Up to 68 hours (based on a single dash cam that consumes 2.4Wh)
- Capacity : – 12.8V / 9,000mAh / 115.2Wh
- Output Voltage / Current : – Dashcam port: 11V – 14.5 V / 2A (max)
- Operating Temperature:
- Charging Temperature:
0° − 45°C (32° − 113°F)
- Discharging Temperature:
-10° − 60°C (14°F − 140°F)
- Storage Temperature:
-10° − 35°C (-14°F − 95°F)
- High Temperature Cut-Off :
- Approx. 80°C (176°F)